"From little Acorns mighty Oaks will grow"
On this special occasion of our 5th Anniversary we are gifting you a little ‘miracle of nature’, a beautiful acorn, hand collected from a natural forest locally, so you too can
start growing your very own ‘genuine oak flooring’. (
Request to have a little miracle of nature send to you by filling the form below, sorry, none left!)
Meanwhile, the oak in your garden will provide you with many years of pleasure – and guaranteed, you will get so fond of it you won’t want to chop it down. So, perhaps a quicker, more reliable way of getting your ‘genuine oak flooring’ is to give Wood You Like, the wood flooring specialists, a call on 01233 713725.
Revised delivery time for your oak flooring - within 4 weeks!
What you need to know about growing your own floor:
- The Oak is part of the Beech family - its Latin name is Quercus.
- Your Oak tree can easily live 200 years and more - the oldest known Oak tree in the UK is said to be about 1,000 years old.
- Only after about 25 years will your Oak start to produce its own acorns.
- It takes, on average, up to 35 years for an Oak tree to reach maturity (approx height of 25 – 30 metres).
- A mature Oak tree can draw up 190 litres of water a day from your garden.
- After felling your tree, it will need to go through various drying processes (lumber stacks, turning, dry-sheds, kiln drying, and more, taking up to 3 years) to reduce its moisture content, in a gentle and natural manner to prevent it splitting, before it can eventually be cut into timber or floor boards – and then dried further before you can lay them, with pride, in your home.
- From 1 cubic metre of tree you might get 20 sq metres of 21mm thick solid boards, or up to 90 sq metres of precision Wood-Engineered floorboards.